List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: new desktop metapher?
From:       Matthias Elter <me () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-04-01 10:33:54

On Thu, 01 Apr 1999, Martin Konold wrote:
> Well having two aplications (kfm and kdehelp) has only histrical reasons.
> We wanted to get rid of them with KDE-2.0 anyway. The main reason was that
> we wanted to get a stable kdehelp fast for KDE-1.0

Do you still think that the functionality should be integrated in one app? IMHO
this is a very bad idea because in that case we would have to choose between a
very bloated konqy with great help functionality or a smaller konqy with bad
help functionality. There are currently no plans to merge khelpcenter and konqy.
khelpcenter is going to provide a konqy-view interface but thats it. I don't
understand the logic behind a do-everything-in-one-place app. But I am open
for suggestions.

Greetings,
Matthias