List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Memory hole in kfm (was: Re: kfm verschlingt unmengen an Speicher (fwd))
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       1999-03-24 18:08:19

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 04:52:35PM +0100, Torben Weis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an report that KFM lets the XServer grow like stupid.
>
> i assume that some pixmaps are stored in the server but never freed.
> That in turn means it could even be a problem in some khtmlw cache.

Since the 1.1 release, I made kfm use KIconLoader instead of its own
routines to load pixmaps, in order to let the user (or themes) put icons in
various directories (as well as future support for hicolor icons).

But that's only 'kbind.cpp' icons, not images got when browsing the web.
What lib is in charge for caching those, if it's not khtmlw ?

Or do you think that the problem could come from the kbind icons ?

--
David FAURE
david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org