List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Memory hole in kfm (was: Re: kfm verschlingt unmengen an
From:       Lars Knoll <knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       1999-03-24 19:10:48

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Torben Weis wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Lars Knoll wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Torben Weis wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I got an report that KFM lets the XServer grow like stupid.
>> Yes. Exaclty the problem I have. Both Xserver and kfm grow like crazy.
>> >
>> >i assume that some pixmaps are stored in the server but never freed.
>> >That in turn means it could even be a problem in some khtmlw cache.
>> Since there is no caching in khtmlw, it can't be that...
>
>khtml I mean. Did not it cache pixmaps and stuff ?
>Does not do it any longer ? I did not look in the code for quite some
>time.
Well khtml does. But were talking about kfmII, which uses khtmlw and there we
just have this simple pixmap cache, which is not the problem (I just checked
that...)

There were not many changes in khtmlw in the last time, and both kmail and
kdehelp (which are using khtmlw) do not seem to make big problems. So I think
the problem must be somewhere in kfm's code.

Cheers,
Lars