Hi, On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, David Faure wrote: > On Mon, Mar 22, 1999 at 01:30:52AM +0100, Torben Weis wrote: > > Hi, > > > > >From what I heared from windows users you are making your life too easy > > :-) > > > > In one of the mails I got somebody told me, that host OR share may > > have defaults. I hope that somebody tells me that this is wronge, because > > the default host is easy to describe: Just dont use // > > > > samba:/share/path > > > > But what to do if the share has a default ? > > > > smb://host/xyz > > > > may be the default share with host xyz or the share xyz with no special > > path. That is damn ugly! > Then it could be smb://host/share/xyz with share optionnal > so that's smb://host//xyz for a default share > and smb://host/share for a default Two times: // I knew there were some ugly details .... > (Never heard of default shares, BTW...) > > > But perhaps my information is wrong. In addition I heared that they have > > workgroups which are somehow represented, too ..... > A workgroup could be a configuration item, like it is in Windows. > Except that you don't have to reboot when you change it ;) > > > It may be more tricky then you think. > I can see that, now ;) > > > On your topic David: > > > > Our problem WAS to discuss how to handle URLs like //www.kde.org. > > I dont see any open points here anymore. > Well, what do I answer to M. Smith ? > That it will be supported in 2.0, not in 1.1.1 ? > [because you add it to KURL] Lets put it this way: It is NOT a sever bug. It is the first time that we get such a report and I personally NEVER saw such an URL in real live. So we can say: It is a feature and 1.1.1 is for bug fixes and not for features. For 2.0 the clean approach is KURL. I think we should not touch KDE 1.1 code to get this working. Except for accepting it as users input of course. Everything else would mean: hacking in old KURL: baehh! Bye Torben > -- > David FAURE > david.faure@insa-lyon.fr, faure@kde.org > http://www.insa-lyon.fr/People/AEDI/dfaure/index.html > KDE, Making The Future of Computing Available Today >