List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: konqview's gui as "standalone" part
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () earthlink ! net>
Date:       1999-02-20 19:44:01

On Sat, 20 Feb 1999, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>Hi,
>
>(from the users point of view)
>What do you think should a konqview's gui in case it is embedded in another
>application (->not in a KonqMainView) look like?
>
>1) Should the location toolbar be present? (IMHO yes)
Yes And No.  What if the parent application where konqview is embedded wants to
provide all the GUI interfaces itself ?  As such, I think the ability to show/hide the
location bar should be provided.

>2) Should the standard main toolbar be present? (if not completely, then what
>elements of it?)
I think this also should be available on a demand-basis. That is it can
turned off (show/hide).  It would also be nice if one can choose and pick which
elements of the tool bar should be visible.  In other words, I can choose to
show the Up, Back, Forward buttons and discard everything else.  I do not know
how difficult  this is/will be.

>3) What menus should be present? What menus should the konqview specify?
>(IMHO the file/bookmarks/options/help menu should be standard menus, the
>edit/view menu view specific)
Is this necessary at all ?  Shouldn't konqview just provide interfaces to the
necessary functions so that the parent application can invoke them as it sees
fit ?  If you really think about it, menu/command items are just a means ( an
interface if you will ) to control the application by the end user.  Hence,
there should be no difference whether this control happens by another program
or by the end user.