List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: PartChild(Mode)
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       1999-02-18 23:00:37

Simon Hausmann wrote:

> On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:
> >Simon Hausmann wrote:
> >>
> >So all embedded parts that have special konqueror support because they
> >inherit KonqView wonīt cause menu flickering but all others will?
>
> Right.
> See my reply to Sven's mail for more information
For smooth integration parts should derive from KonqView anyway, just in
order to provide a common set of metods such as openURL(). But wouldnīt
it be better if the menu flickering would be solved already at the
OpenParts layer? And is it possible to keep a basic set of konqueror
menu-/toolbar items, if a foreign part(ie not derived from KonqView) is
active? Because menus like File, Options, Help or a menu to list the
available views types should always stay the same (well, views might add
something of course).

> >Something else, will the view specific menu items be limited to to View
> >menu?
>
> That's up to all of us to decide -> we all design KonqGui
> IMHO we might consider support for toolbar entries.
> But I think this problem will become concrete when it comes to real
> KonqView-implementations :-)
Thatīs what I wanted to hear:) because applications will need more
menues than View. You were always only talking about adding entries to
the View menu and that made think that it will be limited to special
menus.

Michael

--
Michael Reiher
     Student at Dresden University of Technology