List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: PartChild(Mode)
From:       Simon Hausmann <tronical () gmx ! net>
Date:       1999-02-18 21:14:08

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Michael Reiher wrote:
>Simon Hausmann wrote:

>> >Maybe I missed something, but *why* do you want do that? I mean it would
>> >reduce menu flickering if you switch between file browser views. But
>> >take the mail view example I described in a previous mail, switching
>> >often from mail view to tree or HTML view would still flicker like hell.
>> >So wouldn´t you think that the way to go is to make OpenParts capable of
>> >menu merging or persistent menus or whatever is the right name for it?
>>
>> Well, the mail view example would _NOT_ flicker because the mail view has to
>> inherit from KonqView in order to be a fully qualified Konqueror View. And
>> since every KonqView would be a part child of KonqMainView (if it's embedded in
>> there) and every KonqView has an assigned "shared" KonqGui there I can't see any
>> problem :-)
>Ahh thanks, things are becoming clearer:)
>So all embedded parts that have special konqueror support because they
>inherit KonqView won´t cause menu flickering but all others will?

Right.
See my reply to Sven's mail for more information

>Something else, will the view specific menu items be limited to to View
>menu?

That's up to all of us to decide -> we all design KonqGui
IMHO we might consider support for toolbar entries.
But I think this problem will become concrete when it comes to real
KonqView-implementations :-)

>Michael

Bye,
 Simon

--
Simon Hausmann - Tronical^Colorfast - <tronical@gmx.net> - IRCNet #colorfast

we have joy, we have fun, we have linux on our sun