List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: More organizational stuff (was: Mailing lists)
From:       Erik =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kj=E6r?= Pedersen <erik () math ! binghamton ! edu>
Date:       1999-02-08 18:43:57

Well I really need somebody to discuss the Danish translations with, a lot of
the computerlanguage is slang, and it is difficult to invent slang.

I have a couple of questions to the experts.

1. in www/i18n.../the po files have no headers. This means that I can't use
msgfmt -v da.po -o da.mo as I usually do because at least on my system msgfmt
reports a fatal error when there are not headers. So I enter a header and delete
it again every time. Would it harm to have a header in that file?

2. When msgfmt reports a fuzzy translation it is easy to find, but untranslated
messages are hard to find. Is there some way to make msgfmt tell me whish line
the missing translation is in.

3. I don't know how to translate the helpfiles. It would also be useful only
to translate the helpfiles of programs that are reasonably stable.

I completely agree it would be nice to know when deadlines are, and a more
thorough basic instruction for translators would be good.
The translators are probably just like me not too computersavvy.

 On Mon, 08 Feb 1999,
Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote: >Žann 1999-02-08, 13:29:45 (+0100) skrifaši Thomas
Diehl: >>

--
Best regards
Erik