Eric Bischoff wrote: > > Kalle Dalheimer a écrit: > > > Didn't we explicitly change resp. extend the DTD in order to include > > images? Our documentation team should be more knowledgable in this > > respect. (CC: kde-18n-doc) > > It is explained in http://www.kde.org/documentation/en/howto-translate.html : > > linuxdoc DTD does not allow pictures, but it works. Just include just like in SGML. > > > Also, since our DTD is based on the Linuxdoc DTD and the Linuxdoc (aka > > sgmltools) team has switched to a DocBook-based DTD, perhaps we should > > follow them for KDE 2.0. Their new DTD definitely supports images and > > lots of other stuff. I am using it a lot for my authoring and > > translating tasks. > > Good idea (already suggested by Chuck ;-) ). Are there some tools to > automatically convert existing docs from linuxdoc to docbook? Or is it enough to > just change the name of the DTD in the first line of the doc? No, since the tags are different, but the new SGMLTools contain a backend that outputs DocBook-Code. I haven't tested how good it is, though. Kalle -- Kalle Dalheimer Contract programming for Unix kalle@dalheimer.de Technical writing kalle@kde.org Technical editing kalle@oreilly.de KDE Developer (MFCH) mdalheimer@acm.org It's open, it's source, it runs - must be KDE!