List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: pictures in sgml documentation
From:       Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () dalheimer ! de>
Date:       1998-12-15 12:17:30

Preston Brown wrote:

> Is there yet a way to include .GIF pictures in our sgml documentation?  I
> would like to continue to write the documentation with the SGML template,
> but I can't find a way to add screen captures and such.  This is a huge
> and horrible limitation, and I may be forced to go to straight HTML unless
> someone who is more knowledgeable than me in this department can enlighten
> me along the proper path. :)

Didn't we explicitly change resp. extend the DTD in order to include
images? Our documentation team should be more knowledgable in this
respect. (CC: kde-18n-doc)

Also, since our DTD is based on the Linuxdoc DTD and the Linuxdoc (aka
sgmltools) team has switched to a DocBook-based DTD, perhaps we should
follow them for KDE 2.0. Their new DTD definitely supports images and
lots of other stuff. I am using it a lot for my authoring and
translating tasks.

Kalle

--
Kalle Dalheimer              Contract programming for Unix
kalle@dalheimer.de           Technical writing