List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: cvsup with RedHat 5.1
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () itm ! mu-luebeck ! de>
Date:       1998-11-17 10:55:41

Logi Ragnarsson wrote:

> Hi!
>
> >I'm trying to start to use cvsup to update my local copy of KDE, especially
> >to update the pot and po files. I've had no success. I've done the following:
>
> >bash$ cvsup -g -e -L2 cvsup.kde
> >Parsing supfile "cvsup.kde"
> >Looking up address of cvs.kde.org
> >Connecting to cvs.kde.org
> >Connected to cvs.kde.org
>
> I have edxactly the same problem, but on Debian 2.0.
>
> It looks to me like the cvs server is overloaded. If I wait long enough it will
> sometimes say that too many people are connected and that it will try again in
> 5 minutes.
The server is not overloaded. I have never seen him with more then 0.8
and that
was, when three netscapes died and idled in the background ;)

The cvsupd software is very buggy, so it doesn't allow more than some
connections
even if you set more.

> Last night it finally worked for a short while and started checking out some
> files. However, before long it died with an EOF from server erroor message and
> I finally gave up and started downloading the snapshots.
>
> Is the system really so overloaded as to be useless?
>
> Is using straight anonymous cvs any better? (what's the CVSROOT string?)
>
> Are there diff files for the snapshot files? I don't realy need an update more
> than twice a month, but don't like downloading the whole thing every time
> through my modem. Especially since I only get about 1Kb/s from ftp.kde.org
There are diff files as well.
BTW: there are mirrors.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Carol: When you first entered the restaurant, I thought you were
handsome... and then, of course, you spoke. - As Good as It Gets