List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Re: Final version
From:       Pedro Morais <pmmm () camoes ! rnl ! ist ! utl ! pt>
Date:       1998-05-04 11:01:08

On Sun, 3 May 1998, Juraj Bednar wrote:

> Dear translators,
>
>    I have a question -- when do you plan to release final 1.0 ?
>    Sorry about asking this here, but not every translator want to subscribe
>    to kde mailing list and get 200 more mails a day. I'd be happy, if you'd
>    make something like "message freeze" at least a week or two before

I had the same problem. My sugestion: don't highscores only a week or so
before release of a new beta: publish them weekly.
This would prevent me to download all po files just to check if they are
in need of updating :)

>    releasing final version, so everything would be translated... I'd like
>    to ask, if you'll make the .po files (I know it depends on developers)
>    for applications, that are not translatable yet. I'd like to see final
> version
>    at least 90% translated.

It would be nice if the few apps that still don't support i18n would be
prepared; last time I looked into it this meant at least ksysv, ksnake...
How about "nagging" the respective developpers, Coolo? :)

>    Another i18n question -- could you make some link like "regional
> homepages"
>    available ? It would be happy to make at least a little information about
> KDE
>    available in local languages. I mean something like sk.kde.org, etc. What
>    do other translators think about it ?

Portugal has a Portuguese KDE site, something very small, just providing
translation updates and documention until their packaging is decided.
By the way, when will that be? I Portugal almost all SGMLs are assigned to
someone, so I hope soon enough KDE will be quite Portuguese.
Before Beta 5/1.0, I hope? In Beta 4 some documentation was already
available but was not included.

>      Juraj.

Pedro Morais
2. ano LEIC - IST