On Sunday 13 September 2009 22:24:24 Ozan Çağlayan wrote: > Hola, > > I don't know if I'll have time to contribute to its codebase but as a > distro maintainer, I'm very concerned about the status of kbluetooth as > people complains a lot about it :( > > For example, I can't make kbluelock work, is it working correctly on the > current trunk? Yes, it should be working. > a2dp pairing (with eventual pulseaudio support), network access point > support for correctly sharing the internet through a cellular phone,etc. > etc. Well, the only point I haven't look at it is the pulseaudio stuff, but I know that bluez already support it (they had a gsoc for it), so it won't be impossible :)! > > I'm unsure about work on kio_slave, the people really cares about have a > > kio_salve for bluetooth, so maybe we've to give to it more priority. > > That even represents a regression as it was already implemented and > working in 3.5.x. kioslave for bluetooth is really a trivial and > transparent solution for end-users. I once head complains from a guy > which works with a kiosk-like handheld device (through windows 98). He > was using kioslave for transferring the files from it in 3.5 as Windows > doesn't even have a similar facility to transfer files so he misses that > in 4.x. I'll try to work on the kio as soon as we've the other basic stuff supported, for example pairing of audio/modems. > So I'm here to express my opinions in terms of functionality and > usability eventhough I can't contribute code to it, Thanks for your > efforts. Thanks you for your interest! -- Alex Fiestas Blog: http://www.afiestas.org Jabber: afiestaso@gmail.com Irc: afiestas -- irc.freenode.net Email: alex {at} eyeos.org _______________________________________________ Kde-hardware-devel mailing list Kde-hardware-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-hardware-devel