List:       kde-hardware-devel
Subject:    [Kde-hardware-devel] PowerManager idleTime
From:       Thomas Gillespie <tomjamesgillespie () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-13 20:04:37

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi again,

I'm developing a power manager, and have the following code to get the idle
time:

#include <QX11Info>
#include <X11/extensions/scrnsaver.h>

///Return the Xserver idle time in msecs
int idleTime()
{
    XScreenSaverInfo* mitInfo = 0;
    mitInfo = XScreenSaverAllocInfo ();
    XScreenSaverQueryInfo (QX11Info::display(), DefaultRootWindow
(QX11Info::display()), mitInfo);
    return mitInfo->idle;
}

I think this would be better pushed into solid powermanager, or something
similar to this? Any opinions? I could knock up a patch if this sounds ok.

Thanks

Tom

P.s. are the notifiers broken again? I am using notifier() this time :) but
again no output from my test app