List:       kde-graphics-devel
Subject:    [Kde-graphics-devel] Looking for new maintainer for kpovmodeler
From:       Andreas Zehender <zehender () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-05 16:13:46

Hi,

as you may have noticed, there is no active development on kpovmodeler
for a while now. kpovmodeler is a modeling and composition program for
creating pov-ray scenes.

My spare time was hardly enough to make the porting to KDE 4, but that
was successfully finished in time for the KDE 4.0 release. Now I'm
looking for a skilled KDE developer with some knowledge in povray and 3D
stuff, who will follow future KDE technology changes and keep
kpovmodeler compilable and stable. The current state of the program is
good, it compiles and runs without any problems against the latest KDE
4.1 Beta 2.

I will still support you, but decisions and maintainership will be taken
over by you. The homepage will still be hosted by me, but since
www.kpovmodeler.org is a cms installation, you will be able to change
contents, too.

kpovmodeler has a very clean and extendable framework, so you should be
able to understand the program in short time. Some new features like
scripting and animation support are partly prepared, so I'd be happy if
those features could be finished.

If you are interested please contact This e-mail address is being
protected from spambots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it me with
a short description of you person and your experience with KDE/Qt
programming

Regards,
Andreas