List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Menu->height (fwd)
From:       Jeff brubaker <jeff () biomed ! uakron ! edu>
Date:       2001-06-17 18:50:01

Here is the patch for ksmiletris.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 00:19:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jeff brubaker <jeff@biomed.uakron.edu>
To: b_mann@gmx.de

I got an error the first time i tried to send this.
---------
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 01:07:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jeff brubaker <jeff@biomed.uakron.edu>
To: Andreas Beckermann <b_mann@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Menu->height

   Okay, here it is. I changed the PieceType enum type to start at 0. Not
sure if that is the default or not on all platforms, but it didn't seem to
affect working with the settings from the original version. So I imagine it does
 default at 0.

   That change really cleaned up alot of the code. Took 3 functions down
to just one. So now if someone added more pieces they would just have to
added an item to QList versus adding a whole new function.

   Let me know if there is anything else that needs done. I was looking at
adding the KHighScores class to ksmiletris.

- Jeff

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Andreas Beckermann wrote:

> On Thursday 14 June 2001 02:57, Jeff brubaker wrote:
>
> >   Okay, Here is the patch. I've tested thoroughly and looks good.
> >   I am unsure about the resizing code though. It works the same now as it
> > does before and the menubar i just replaced with KMainWindow::MenuBar().
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Jeff
>
> Hi Jeff
>
> as the commit seems to get delayed because of the freeze - maybe you can
> change one small thing?
> You use 3 KToggleActions, like:
>   KToggleAction* smilesAct = new KToggleAction(i18n("&Smiles"), 0,
>                 this, SLOT(menu_smiles()), actionCollection(),
>                 "settings_pieces_smiles");
> which could be replaced by a single KSelectAction ("settings_pieces"). This
> makes probably some things easier. You might want to have a look at KShisen
> CVS (kdegames/kshisen/app.cpp).
> It's quite easy to use - you just use KSelectAction::setItems(QStringList) to
> set a list of items for the menu.
>
> Good luck
> Andi

["patch.tar" (APPLICATION/X-TAR)]