List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kbattle.net
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-05-19 23:05:13

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:42:02AM +0200, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> Of course! No qt/kde for the _daemon_ no qdaemon :)

Okay, count me in. :-)

I guess we'll have to write down some sort of model and interaction scheme
first though... what are the tasks of the server and what should be handled
by the game itself?

- Chat/meeting place runs on server, clients display/enter data, I think we
  agree on that..?
- Which of these do we want to support for actual games:
  - a traditional KDE game client/server model, where kbattle.net takes care
    of most of the host/port stuff and tells the clients to start their
    server/client code
  - a GGZ-alike model where game modules reside on the kbattle.net server
    and clients only display/enter data
  - a KMonop-alike model where games can require a dedicated server which
    has nothing to do with kbattle.net, kbattle.net is only the meetingplace
    for finding players

And of course, let's be cliche and:

- register and host kbattle.net
- create a small, desperate homepage ;-)
- create a mailinglist (unless we want all the traffic at kde-games-devel,
  do we? Or rather, does the rest of kde-games-devel?)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest