List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Local AND system wide highscore lists?
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-05-04 18:08:14

On Thursday 03 May 2001 12:20, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Thursday,  3. May 2001 11:52, Martin Heni wrote:
> > Also what about a "clear/reset highscores" (but don't ask me how
> > this can done security wise except for root)
>
> What about this: a user can vote on resetting the highscore. This will be
> stored in the highscore file. After that all users that access the file
> will be informed that someone reuqested a reset and are asked to vote on
> the change. The file writing program checks if at least 2/3 of the players
> on the current score list have cast their vote and then decides on the will
> if the majority (maybe with a greater weight on the No.1 player if the vote
> is 50/50)
>
> bye
> Kevin

This won't be applicable. What if less than 2/3 of the users vote for
clearing today, all other users the next day. But in the meanwhile the
highscore list has changed and most of the first voters don't want to clear
anymore...
And BTW: KConfig cannot clear entries (mentioned in my last mail)

CU
Andi