List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Fwd: KDE Games
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-04-23 12:39:35

On Monday, 23. April 2001 13:36, Martin Heni wrote:
> I got the appended message. It rises an interesting question,
> so I'd like to ask this here: Basically, do we want KDE only
> games (on the webpage) or also QT ones?

Well... After all, people may argue that if we have Qt games why not have
Gtk+/Gnome games too, and eventually Xt games :-)

But seriously: As neither SDL nor Arianne is a KDE game (it has its own web
page on arianne.cx), it would confuse players to see it listed here.
We could however have a "KDE tools for games" section as an ideal place for
things like KDE'ish server control utilies.

While many people don't see native KDE as an ideal platform for huge games
(because there are toolkit-independent specialized libs like CS, Mesa, plib,
SDL, ...), it's essential to have intuitive desktop-integrated tools for them.

I would appreciate a tools section on the web page which presents some nice
apps for creating levels, managing game servers, probably organize internet
gaming sessions and stuff like this.

Josef