List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Network operations class?
From:       Martin Heni <martin () heni-online ! de>
Date:       2001-04-19 8:50:42

> Sorry, you have to have a KGameClient at both sides. Didn't realize that it
> isn't the case for you.
I am not so sure this is really necessary.

You just have to take care of two things:
1. Andi already mentioned it: The message has of course a
header which will be received on the other side. If you really evaluate
raw data you have to analyse this header by your self (or ignore it).
You have to look at kgamemessage.h to or the readme file to see
its structure (it is a few integer values)

2. You of course cannot stream QStrings etc into the messages as
your programm does not understand it. You can use stream.writeRawBytes
though to get raw data into the stream (see QT doc for details). I have
not tested it but I could imagine that you will get the raw data out on
the other side, so e.g.
char *s="Hello";  stream.writeRawData(s,strlenm(s)); or so...