List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] RFC: Game/File or Edit?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-04-13 23:21:05

On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 12:20:37AM +0200, Andreas Beckermann wrote:
> > Sounds good to me, since it would also allow for "Repeat" or more custom
> > actions such as "Roll dice" or "End turn".
> Can you name a game which uses "roll dice" or "end turn"?

Not yet. ;-)

But these will be actions in the Monopoly game I am writing. And there are a
lot of other die-enabled board games where this would make sense, such as
Risk.

> Ok probably these entries will fit best in "move" but that would be
> another menu :-( I guess we all agree that "game" is the wrong place for
> "undo" and "redo". I would rather vote for "edit" than for "move".

Edit sounds too technical though, no *normal* user would ever think of a
move/action as "editing the game".

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest