Hallo Dave, On Dienstag, 5. April 2022 18:20:21 CEST Dave Kaye wrote: > I have placed two patches for the KDE game program Knights on the KDE bu= g > website. > The first is for bug 430403 - bug or feature in castling. This bug allo= ws a > captured rook to still be allowed to castle, using the opponent's captur= ing > piece as if it were the rook. > The second is for bug 447665 - xboard communication protocol error for p= awn > promotion. This bug places an errant =3D sign in the move string which = is > not allowed in the xboard protocol. > Both patches are only a couple of lines long. > I do not have access to GIT, so am unable to use the requested patch > submission procedures. The developer appears to have been relegated to > community development, so I cannot send the patches to a person. If > someone who is a KDE games developer in this area would look at the patc= hes > I would appreciate it. I saw your new bug reports. Thank you. I'll get to them soon, busy right n= ow with another project... I'll review/validate your patches and submit them = this week. > Second, I do have web access to the git repositories. I have been able = to > submit patches to other programs on GitHub utilizing it's clone/individu= al > file upload web interface. The KDE developer documentation appears to s= how > some web capabilities for cloning in GitLab, but git must be used to > actually submit patched files. Without creating user accounts and clone= s > going nowhere, would someone please tell me if the KDE GitLab site will > allow web file upload similar to GitHub or is it tied to git. I'm not sure this file upload is possible. But, it is possible in gitlab t= o modify the source code directly in the web ide - https://docs.gitlab.com/e= e/ user/project/web_ide/index.html. So, you clone the repository, modify the file(s) in the web ide, create a commit from there and then place a merge request. Everything should be possible in the browser end-to-end without touching git. To works with KDE's gitlab instance you'll need a KDE Identi= ty account as described on https://community.kde.org/Infrastructure/GitLab. Best Regards, Alexander