List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] Data migration issue
From:       Mathias Kraus <k.hias () gmx ! de>
Date:       2015-03-01 18:24:30

Hello together,

I just tested the data migration of some games and noticed, that they have the same \
problem like granatier when QCoreApplication is created before the migration. The \
migrated config is not used at the first application run, but the default settings. \
If a user then changes a setting, the migrated settings will be lost.

While this is just a minor problem, because the settings can be changed again and it \
only happens if the user changes the setting at the first run of the application, \
there is another problem. The migrated high scores are also not used. This means, if \
a user plays a game and wins, the old high scores are also lost.

I think this is a big problem and would suggest, to move the creation of \
QCoreApplication below the migration.

Regards,
Mathias