List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] OSX/CI: Compilation of status of KF5 games
From:       <mk-lists () email ! de>
Date:       2015-02-03 21:38:36

Hi folks,

herewith I want to compile the status of KF5 games on OSX/CI from my previo=
us posts in just one piece:

---

Seem to play fine:

 + kbreakout

 + ksnakeduel
   - but prints this on console:
      > Failed to lock file "/Users/marko/Library/Caches/kpc/ktron-cache.lo=
ck=94
      > Couldn't create index file "/Users/marko/Library/Caches/kpc/ktron-c=
ache.index=94

 + kshisen
 + klines (prints repeatedly 'link path42450 hasn't been detected!' on the =
console)
 + klickety
 + ktuberling s
 + ksquares
 + kiriki
 + kjumpingcube
 + kspaceduel
 + kolf
 + konquest (Couldn't find some backgrounds which were then skipped in rend=
ering)
 + granatier *g
 + kmahjongg
 + killbots
 + kgoldrunner s (there seem to be some short interruptions in the game-flo=
w at times)

Seem to play fine, but (at least sometimes) crash at exit:

 - kapman
 - bovo
 - kblackbox (prints repeatedly "QGraphicsScene::addItem: item has already =
been added to this scene=94)
 - kollision
 - knetwalk
 - kbounce
 - katomic m
 - lskat
 - kblocks s ("QNSView mouseDragged: Internal mouse button tracking invalid=
 (missing Qt::LeftButton)")
 - kdiamonds
 - kmines
 - knavalbattle
 - ksudoku

Crash at startup:

 - kubrick
 - kreversi (ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication: file kernel/qcoreapplicati=
on.cpp, line 721)

Other trouble:

 * fourinline:
    - complains about "Installation error: No AI engine found. Continue wit=
hout AI."
    - doesn't play the computer's part (due to missing AI)
    - crashes at exit

 * palapeli:
    - doesn=92t find its shipped puzzles (overview is empty at startup) =

    - can crash at some stage

 * kpat:
    - currently fails to build on OSX/CI

 * kigo:
    - can=92t find a go engine
    - then crashes at exit
    - fails to create lock and index files like ksnakeduel above

---

I know that Jeremy can run e.g. kapman _without_ crashing at exit and it wo=
uld be
good to figure out whether there are more cases like that and what the reas=
on for
this difference is. I am using the OSX/CI system, whereas he uses a QSP-pat=
ched
kdesrc-build developer installation.

Greets,
Marko

P.S.: I might have missed some more "phonon backend plugin=94 issues, I hav=
e to admit...

s) "WARNING: bool Phonon::FactoryPrivate::createBackend() phonon backend pl=
ugin could not be loaded=94

g) Didn't know how to play granatier, but I was able to move around the lit=
tle sprite!

m) "Failed to establish shared memory mapping, will fallback to private mem=
ory -- memory usage will increase=94