List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] May I fix warning messages from the Clang compiler?
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-01 2:53:56

Hi guys,

I am getting peppered with unwanted warning messages from
a new version of the Clang compiler when it is referencing legacy
Palapeli code [1] and this is making it hard for me to see a genuine
error message when there is one.

Is it OK to fix these warnings and push them to KDE/4.13 at this
late stage of the release?

If not, when, in what branches and in what release is it OK to fix them?

Confused, Ian W.

[1]  The following is typical:

[ 28%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/palapeli.dir/engine/scene.o
In file included from /kdedev/games/palapeli/src/engine/scene.cpp:22:
/kdedev/games/palapeli/src/engine/piece.h:31:2: warning: struct 'PieceVisuals'
      was previously declared as a class [-Wmismatched-tags]
        struct PieceVisuals;
        ^
/kdedev/games/palapeli/src/engine/piecevisuals.h:47:8: note: previous use is
      here
        class PieceVisuals
              ^
I guess C++ does not care much what is a class and what is a struct, but in
programming and stylistic terms I think this kind of thing should be fixed.
Note that I get these messages when I am compiling Scene, not PieceVisuals.