List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] building project from source
From:       Viranch Mehta <viranch.mehta () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-05-02 9:53:04

On 02-May-2013, at 2:30 PM, Jaime wrote:

> Hello Rajat...
>
> Are you trying to compile KDE SC 4.xx (from git or .tar.gz or src.rpm) using Qt \
> 5.01 ? As far as I know, it can be a complex task (never tried myself).

kdelibs hasn't yet been ported to Qt5, you'll need Qt4, but you don't need to compile \
it, just use the distribution Qt (one that came with your ubuntu), this should \
already be there if you've installed kde from  ubuntu packages. you can install built \
Qt5 by going to build directory and doing make uninstall.

> Try to use Qt 4.8.x instead. This should compile easily. And remeber the \
> compilation order... kdesupport, kdelibs, kde-pimlibs, kde-runtime, kde-workspace, \
> (or download the matching .devel packages) and lastly, kde-games.

kde-pimlibs, kde-runtime, kde-workspace are not required to build kde games, order is \
simply kdelibs, libkdegames, the game itself, including the dependencies it might \
complain about.