List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] best way to get a sprite from current theme?
From:       Viranch Mehta <viranch.mehta () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-24 20:56:03

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:

> > An alternate I found after digging up the libraries was
> KGameRendererClient. I made
> > CanvasItem its subclass, and reimplemented receivePixmap() to set and
> paint the pixmap
> > received from KGameRendererClient instance. Since this is (as I read in
> the docs)
> > asynchronous, it should be faster than my previous implementation,
> though not noticable
> > on my computer.
>
> That is good.  I'd say there is a case for adding something like your
> CanvasItem to the
> KGameRenderer suite, to support QML games.

Yes, I have kept it a separate QML plugin from beginning itself so it could
easily be moved
to libkdegames whenever desired. This is one of my points in the email I
posted on the ML
about QML support in kdegames libraries.

> Performance of rendering from SVG is tricky to observe.  To be sure you
> are comparing
> apples to apples, you need to find and delete the cache file before each
> test.  Then the
> code will be forced to load from SVG and re-render each pixmap.

I tried to find the cache files but couldn't find them, can you tell me
where would they
be located?

Thanks,
Viranch