List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Very quiet on kdegames
From:       Christian Krippendorf <Coding () christian-krippendorf ! de>
Date:       2011-11-25 16:38:04

Am Freitag, 25. November 2011, 17:21:18 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:
> There were lots of discussions about the pro and cons of Git and SVN in K=
DE
> land during the last few years. Really long and sometimes opinionated
> discussions. But we are beyond that point now. You do not have to convince
> us that Git is good. Some of us already know, some know otherwise. It's
> pretty much a matter of taste and in general I would say the "DVCS is the
> future" statement is not reason enough to switch ...

Don't want to start a git pro or contra discussion and i don't want you all=
 to =

convince in using git. I know that the decission of migrating to git is =

already done. I only feel sad about how long this takes and how many time i=
s =

spending for (sometimes) needless discussions, i had read on the mailing li=
st.

And i also don't want anyone to make a fast and dirty migration. But there =
is =

a difference between "fast and dirty", "acceptable time and qualitiy migrat=
ion" =

and "bad time waste and no quality result cause nothing happens".

About missing manpower is a really good argument, but this problem exist on=
 so =

many kde and other open source project, that this argument got a bad =

aftertaste.

Sry btw. something comes over with a wrong meaning.

-- =

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen / Best Regards

Christian Krippendorf