List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] Re: klickety moved to kdereview
From:       Miha =?utf-8?q?=C4=8Can=C4=8Dula?= <miha.cancula () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-10-27 11:50:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dne sreda 27 oktobra 2010 ob 13:21:10 je Frederik Schwarzer napisal(a):
> So, no answer yet from the release team. No surprise afer < one day.
> However, with the feature freeze tomorrow, I would like to propose a
> slightly modified plan.
> 1) host the Knights and Klickety on git.kde.org
> 2) copy it over to SVN regularily
> This is what the Kate developers do. This way, the games will be part of
> the module but still enjoy the advantages of being rather independent.
> The trickiest part of that plan is to have CMakeLists files that work
> under both conditions.
>
> The inclusion of Klickety is on the feature plan, so here is no hurry.
> If Miha (in CC) wants Knights to be part of the main module as well,
> we should decide this quickly and add it to the feature plan by tomorruw.
> We then have ~two weeks to the hard freeze to work on the migration.
>
> Does that sound reasonable to you?
>
> Regards

> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.6_Feature_Plan#kdegames

Is it possible to have a game in git, and have the release team include it in a \
release? There are probably some scripts either for that or for syncing the \
repositories. I'm fine with any solution, but don't want to force a game into \
kdegames. I'm sorry I did not add Knights to the feature plan sooner, but it was \
because there was no consensus among the kdegames developers. So I think Knights are \
alright in extragear. I don't know the situation regarding Klickety, so it might be \
different.