List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Proposing KGameRenderer
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2010-06-16 22:06:20

Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> @all: Do you know a better word instead of "sprite" for "a pixmap which is
> retrieved from the SVG and which may have multiple frames"? Please not
> "element", because a "sprite" maps to multiple SVG elements when it has
> multiple frames.

IMHO... "sprite" :-).

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprite_(computer_graphics), a
sprite "is a two-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into
a larger scene". To me that sounds like exactly what we are talking
about. I'm unclear on the argument why "sprite" is not correct.

--
Matthew
Oops. -- Shannon Foraker (David Weber, Ashes of Victory)