List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel]  Regarding Mancala
From:       ahmmahfuz rubel <65mahfuz90 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-09 1:13:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ahmmahfuz rubel <65mahfuz90@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding Mancala
To: Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com>

Sure, Here I am. Thanks for all the comments.

I was observing the thread right from the beginning. Actually, I was waiting
for the reviews from kdegames people after I move mancala to kde-review .

When I made mancala, I saw a number of kdegames. As their was no specific
rules or should be's, I tried to make it to look like other kde games( at
least most of them ). I also changed mancala(little changes) several times
according to people's opinion to make it user friendly.

People here talked mainly about two things, *game theme* and *tutorial*.
I saw games like kfourinline at the time I was developing mancala and also
noticed the theme options. I also saw games like kbounce, kollision where
there is no theme options.
My primary opinion about mancala was: there will be different theme for
different games, as they come from different regions( the theme should
represent the region). That's why I made a svg file per game and gave the
user no flexibility. But, my plan didn't work nicely as I am not a good
artist.
I thought of including tutorials, but didn't find any in current games(that
I saw). So, I thought it might not be necessary.

*And about setting standards*:
What I think is, there should be some rules and should be's stated publicly.
So, when a new comer wants to develop a game, he can know the guideline of
making a game in kde and at the same time, the quality can also be
maintained easily.

--
Mahfuz

--
Mahfuz

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

class="gmail_sendername">ahmmahfuz rubel</b> <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a \

Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM<br>Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding \
Mancala<br>To: Ian Wadham &lt;<a \
am. Thanks for all the comments. <br>

the reviews from kdegames people after I move mancala to kde-review . <br><br>When I \
made mancala, I saw a number of kdegames. As their was no specific rules or should \
be&#39;s, I tried to make it to look like other kde games( at least most of them ). I \
also changed mancala(little changes) several times according to people&#39;s opinion \
to make it user friendly. <br>

mancala and also noticed the theme options. I also saw games like kbounce, kollision \
where there is no theme options. <br>

My primary opinion about mancala was: there will be different theme for different \
games, as they come from different regions( the theme should represent the region). \
That&#39;s why I made a svg file per game and gave the user no flexibility. But, my \
plan didn&#39;t work nicely as I am not a good artist.<br>

I thought of including tutorials, but didn&#39;t find any in current games(that I \
standards</b>:<br>What I think is, there should be some rules and should be&#39;s \
stated publicly. So, when a new comer wants to develop a game, he can know the \
guideline of making a game in kde and at the same time, the quality can also be \
maintained easily.<div>

dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:iandw.au@gmail.com" \
0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

&gt; Sorry for the delay. During the last meeting I said I would have a<br>
&gt; look at Mancala in kdereview, but was unable to do so until this<br>
&gt; weekend, where I finally had a chance to do it.<br>
&gt;<br>
is the Mancala author&#39;s position on what has been said?<br>
Can we hear from you, Mahfuz?<br>
All the best, Ian W.<br>