--===============0621902623== Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=001636e0b603cc6bbe04861f01aa --001636e0b603cc6bbe04861f01aa Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: ahmmahfuz rubel <65mahfuz90@gmail.com> Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding Mancala To: Ian Wadham Sure, Here I am. Thanks for all the comments. I was observing the thread right from the beginning. Actually, I was waiting for the reviews from kdegames people after I move mancala to kde-review . When I made mancala, I saw a number of kdegames. As their was no specific rules or should be's, I tried to make it to look like other kde games( at least most of them ). I also changed mancala(little changes) several times according to people's opinion to make it user friendly. People here talked mainly about two things, *game theme* and *tutorial*. I saw games like kfourinline at the time I was developing mancala and also noticed the theme options. I also saw games like kbounce, kollision where there is no theme options. My primary opinion about mancala was: there will be different theme for different games, as they come from different regions( the theme should represent the region). That's why I made a svg file per game and gave the user no flexibility. But, my plan didn't work nicely as I am not a good artist. I thought of including tutorials, but didn't find any in current games(that I saw). So, I thought it might not be necessary. *And about setting standards*: What I think is, there should be some rules and should be's stated publicly. So, when a new comer wants to develop a game, he can know the guideline of making a game in kde and at the same time, the quality can also be maintained easily. On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Ian Wadham wrote: > On Tuesday 04 May 2010 12:42:13 am Mauricio Piacentini wrote: > > Sorry for the delay. During the last meeting I said I would have a > > look at Mancala in kdereview, but was unable to do so until this > > weekend, where I finally had a chance to do it. > > > A lengthy discussion by email followed Mauricio's post, but what > is the Mancala author's position on what has been said? > > Can we hear from you, Mahfuz? > > All the best, Ian W. > -- Mahfuz -- Mahfuz --001636e0b603cc6bbe04861f01aa Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

---------- Forwarded message ----------<= br>From: ahmmahfuz rubel <65mahfuz90@gmail.com><= /span>
Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regardi= ng Mancala
To: Ian Wadham <iand= w.au@gmail.com>

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Ian Wadham <= span dir=3D"ltr"><iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 04 May 2010 12:42:13 am Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Sorry for the delay. During the last meeting I said I would have a
> look at Mancala in kdereview, but was unable to do so until this
> weekend, where I finally had a chance to do it.

A lengthy discussion by email followed Mauricio's post, but what<= br> is the Mancala author's position on what has been said?

Can we hear from you, Mahfuz?

All the best, Ian W.

--
Mahfuz

--
Mahfuz
--001636e0b603cc6bbe04861f01aa-- --===============0621902623== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel --===============0621902623==--