---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ahmmahfuz rubel <65mahfuz90@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, May 9, 2010 at 8:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding Mancala
To: Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com>

Sure, Here I am. Thanks for all the comments.

I was observing the thread right from the beginning. Actually, I was waiting for the reviews from kdegames people after I move mancala to kde-review .

When I made mancala, I saw a number of kdegames. As their was no specific rules or should be's, I tried to make it to look like other kde games( at least most of them ). I also changed mancala(little changes) several times according to people's opinion to make it user friendly.

People here talked mainly about two things, game theme and tutorial.
I saw games like kfourinline at the time I was developing mancala and also noticed the theme options. I also saw games like kbounce, kollision where there is no theme options.
My primary opinion about mancala was: there will be different theme for different games, as they come from different regions( the theme should represent the region). That's why I made a svg file per game and gave the user no flexibility. But, my plan didn't work nicely as I am not a good artist.
I thought of including tutorials, but didn't find any in current games(that I saw). So, I thought it might not be necessary.

And about setting standards:
What I think is, there should be some rules and should be's stated publicly. So, when a new comer wants to develop a game, he can know the guideline of making a game in kde and at the same time, the quality can also be maintained easily.

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Ian Wadham <iandw.au@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tuesday 04 May 2010 12:42:13 am Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Sorry for the delay. During the last meeting I said I would have a
> look at Mancala in kdereview, but was unable to do so until this
> weekend, where I finally had a chance to do it.

A lengthy discussion by email followed Mauricio's post, but what
is the Mancala author's position on what has been said?

Can we hear from you, Mahfuz?

All the best, Ian W.

--
Mahfuz