On Friday 07 May 2010 13:58:10 Mauricio Piacentini wrote: > > I don't understand this urge to throw things out. Sure, a tutorial is a > > good thing. Nevertheless, many many people have already managed to play > > the ones that we already have. Besides, what's boring with a > > less-than-perfect game? Isn't one of the critiques of the gaming > > industry the last few years that it's all surface and the game > > experience has suffered for it? > > .. > > > Anyway, if you really want to have every game to have a tutorial, then > > I'm all for it as long as a game is not thrown out if it doesn't. Why > > not introduce a set or "must" and "should" rules for being in kdegames? > > In my opinion, the tutorial belongs squarely in the "should" camp. > > Just for the record, if you read my initial message and the log of the > last IRC meeting you will see that I am against throwing anything out, > or raising the bar for new games. My position is that we could have > 500 games in the module, and distros/users would be free to pick up > the ones they like. However, other have different opinions on this, > that is why bringing this discussion to the list is relevant. > So you also believe Mancala should be included, if the points raised > (lack of KGameTheme and some others) are addressed? In short: yes. And sorry if my reply above seems to point to you, Mauricio (which it does). When I wrote "you" above, it was in a general sense. -Inge _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel