List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding Mancala
From:       Mauricio Piacentini <piacentini () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-05-07 11:58:10

> I don't understand this urge to throw things out.  Sure, a tutorial is a good
> thing.  Nevertheless, many many people have already managed to play the ones
> that we already have.  Besides, what's boring with a less-than-perfect game?
> Isn't one of the critiques of the gaming industry the last few years that it's
> all surface and the game experience has suffered for it?
..
> Anyway, if you really want to have every game to have a tutorial, then I'm all
> for it as long as a game is not thrown out if it doesn't.  Why not introduce a
> set or "must" and "should" rules for being in kdegames?  In my opinion, the
> tutorial belongs squarely in the "should" camp.

Just for the record, if you read my initial message and the log of the
last IRC meeting you will see that I am against throwing anything out,
or raising the bar for new games. My position is that we could have
500 games in the module, and distros/users would be free to pick up
the ones they like. However, other have different opinions on this,
that is why bringing this discussion to the list is relevant.
So you also believe Mancala should be included, if the points raised
(lack of KGameTheme and some others) are addressed?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini