List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] Kubrick - Problems with compositing
From:       Johannes Obermayr <johannesobermayr () gmx ! de>
Date:       2009-06-03 23:22:22

Hi,

since I do not want to write anything again, I add only the email:

-> http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?66437d5830.png

> > This is with all menus (not only the third from left) - they cut off when
> > reaching the "game area". The part in the "game area" only flickers and I
> > can't read anything.
> >
> Works for me.
>
> > When compositing is "off" there are no problems.
> >
> I am sorry I cannot help you with this.  I have not yet been able to get
> KDE 4 to work on my setup and am not sure I even know what compositing
> is.  I would suggest the problem lies in the libraries.  They have changed,
> Kubrick has not.  Kubrick is a pure OpenGL application, which is unusual
> in the KDE/Qt environment.  It uses a QGLWidget as its "central widget",
> so your problem appears to be that QMainWindow/KMainWindow/QMenu
> will not come in front of a QGLWidget.  Kubrick just follows the recipes and
> leaves all the graphics to the libraries.  Try a Qt list or forum?

I think we should first clarify whether it is a KDE4-Problem.
Is anyone here who can activate "Compositing" and test it?

> > I have a Radeon X1950 and use xf86-video-ati on latest OpenSuSE-factory.
> >
> Mine's Intel i945GM, which *ought* to work with KDE 4 and effects.  Have
> not retried it lately.  Still developing on KDE 3.5.7, with trunk libraries,
> but at Qt 4.4.0 level so maybe you have a Qt 4.5 regression ...
>
> All the best, Ian W.

Qt is 4.5.1
Compiz is 0.8.2 (but with 0.7.8 the same)

Sorry Ian, Frederik and Burkhard for receiving this again ...

Johannes