2009/2/24 Eugene Trounev : > Hi everyone, > parkotron has put all the elements of Kpat theme into one file (finally) > They used to be all apart (as in BG, piles, OSD, and welcome screen). > > Now I'm asking for your input. Do you think it would make sense to > consolidate them with actual card themes? This has advantages and > disadvantages. > > Advantages: > > 1) Each card theme will have it's own BG, and elements, which will make the > game more consistent. > > 2) The brighter cards will not suffer from being hard to see on bright BG, > while dark cards on dark BG, because each theme will have it's own specific > BG. > > 3) There will no longer be a problem with card backs being smaller then the > fronts, because each card deck will have it's own specific back. > > 4) Will allow for more creativity with cards in terms of shapes and > elements, as they will no longer be restricted to be rectangular. > > Disadvantages: > > 1) The only one and obvious disadvantage is that you will no longer be able > to choose card backs, as they will be provided by the specific theme. > > So what do you think? > As you know, I'm a supporter for unified front and back card graphics. I would not object that much to your proposal, but I find the mah-jongg approach would be perfect (tiles --or cards-- and highlights are one set, background graphics another one). Moreover, we could reuse the settings dialog from mah-jongg easily enough, which looks good from a consolidation point of view. Wouldn't this be a good cross-desktop discussion argument, at next joint-desktop akademy? Luciano -- Luciano Montanaro Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel