List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kdegames maintainer list update
From:       Johannes Bergmeier <Johannes.Bergmeier () gmx ! net>
Date:       2008-12-08 20:22:13

On Monday 08 December 2008 18:19:43 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Johannes Bergmeier wrote:
> > Oh I should read all mails before replying. My other mail suggest a
> > possible solution. I hope that doing 4 or 15/16 frames and blending them
> > is better than creating 46 different frames for each type of tiles with
> > all possible animations.
> >
> > And I hope that my problems with sending mails are now solved and this
> > mail goes where it should in the thread.
>
> Alas, I didn't follow that explanation. Any chance for a visual mock-up?

Ok, here it comes. The circles are the tiles. The squares are the sprites to
render. The green sprite demonstrates how KSame works currently. The blue and
red sprites demonstrates how Blocks and highlights are drawn in KSudoku. I
think the graphic is enough demonstration. The only disadvantage: The blue and
red sprites need to be rendered separately even when they cover the same area.

That other concept i mentioned was an mistake. It wouldn't work.

I hope this is easier to understand.

["joint-items.svg" (image/svg+xml)]