List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kollision to kdegames
From:       Paolo Capriotti <p.capriotti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-21 18:35:28

Jeremy wrote:

> I tried with sound on I think, but then turned it off because it wasn't
> working right here (probably old xine lib or something).  So no, it was not
> with sound on.  It was at home with an nvidia card with composite enabled.  I
> can try here at work on this ati with no composite to see if I see similar
> things if you want.

Yes, I have to say that the game was a lot smoother when it used KGC
instead of QGV. I still can't see why. Running it with QT_FLUSH_PAINT
doesn't show anything bad happening.
Try revision 730790 (in playground/games/kollision) to see what I mean.
As for the sounds, I have no clue. I'm starting to think that Phonon is
not designed to be used for games, or maybe it's me not using it in the
right way...

Paolo