On Fri 17 Nov 2006 19:02, Mauricio Piacentini wrote: > Your suggestion seems perfect for the localization needs! I would > probably add a version field to it, just for future compatibility. What > I am trying to prevent is for example if 3 years down the road (KDE5?) > we decide to change the specifications for the linked graphics, like we > are doing now. Current code (KDE4) would not be able to deal with it > properly. This happens today with the .tileset data for KMahjongg, as > the KDE3 version crashes if it runs into KDE4 .tileset data. Thankfully > we will be moving the new tilesets to a shared location, so this will > eliminate the problem. Adding a version field is trivial, and should work. > Well, that is something to consider. Ideally I agree that each > application could generate the preview, as it "knows" how to deal with > the theme data. This is what KMahjongg is already doing. > But I believe the idea of generating a pre-rendered PNG is a nice way to > cut down on the amount of code in the app, and at the same time provide > a standard way for users to render the previews of themes. KNewStuff if > I am not mistaken uses the PNG approach already. > > One idea I would consider was to make it possible to use a > pre-constructed .svg for preview as well, for the cases where it makes > sense to do so (svg size < png size). Using the theme .svg directly is > probably not a good idea, since this is almost always organized in a > certain way that is not optimal for preview. Idea: Have a class for generating preview images for themes. A default implementation would look for pre-rendered PNGs, but individual applications could create a derived class that would render the pixmaps from SVG. > I will be away this weekend, it is an extended holiday here in Brazil > for those that do not know it, but I will be happy to help you with this > next week, maybe with testing, and adapting KMahjongg to use it as well, > so we can test the implementation on more than one game. > > Thinking about that, are you going to code during the holiday, Henrique? > Or is Monday a normal work day at Belo Horizonte? Monday is a normal work day at Belo Horizonte :( -- Henrique Pinto henrique.pinto@kdemail.net _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel