List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] setDiscoveryInfo ?
From:       Jakub Stachowski <stachowski () hypair ! net>
Date:       2005-08-19 11:42:36

Dnia czwartek, 18 sierpnia 2005 23:27, Kleag napisaƂ:> Hello,>> What is the goal of \
the (undocumented) KGameNetwork::setDiscoveryInfo> function introduced in kde 3.4 ? \
It is used to 'announce' game on LAN so user that wants to join it does not need to \
know IP - client can discover all running ksirk servers and present them in combobox \
or something like that.Discovery is done using DNSSD::ServiceBrowser (see kbattleship \
for example) First parameter to setDiscoveryInfo is service type - it should be \
something like _ksirk._tcp (underscores and protocol name are mandatory), second \
specifies name - if you omit it hostname will be used.Sorry for lack of \
documentation, i will fix it right away.
> I used it somewhat randomly, I don't > remember why and after a user reported a \
> failed compilation under kde 3.3,
Something like that should be correct:
#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,4,0)setDiscoveryInfo("_ksirk._tcp");#endif
> I tried no to use it and it works even better: a 5 to 10 seconds freeze> \
> disappear...
Could you send me strace output with timestamps?