Hi there, I think it would be great to have a library for global high scores. But I think you should do a Qt independent library, so that it could be used for others games made in others libraries. What do you think? Ricardo Cruz Em Segunda, 5 de Maio de 2003 22:39, Nicolas Hadacek escreveu: > Hi all, > > I am currently trying to solve the problems of using global (for a > computer) config files for saving highscores. Some basic mechanism is > already in place in KHighscore but a big (potential) problem is race > condition between games played by several users at the time when updating > the highscores lists. > > So I propose a locking mechanism (see the patch against khighscore.h/cpp > and a separate kfilelock.h/cpp which could be used in other parts of KDE). > These changes are untested but I just want to have some opinions :) > > The second step is to use the locking in KExtHighscore which should be > quite easy (I have made the changes at home) since support for multiple > user is there (but basically untested). > > The third step is to provide some upgrade path from highscore list per user > to a global highscore list... I can do that later :) > > Flames, praises, comments, ... welcome ! > > see you, > Nicolas -- Win98 error 005: Mouse not found. Click left mouse button on ok to continue. _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel