List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    RE: [Kde-games-devel] libadvkdegames (was qt)
From:       Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling () informatik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-12-31 14:47:00

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Philippe FREMY wrote:
> If you plan to write a Freeciv client, it should be very easy to port Gtk
> code to Qt. I have done that a few times (Vim, Klotski, various stuff) and
> it is a piece of cake :-)) See for example
> http://klotski.berlios.de/kde/cmp-toolkits.html for a few hints.
It's not just a new freeciv client. A whole new architecture. Fully
object-oriented Server, Client and Ai, including scriptable ai, for
example. The current C architecture really gets to the limit there, IMO,
although not everyone on the freeciv mailing list will agree with me
here.

Someting else: Is scripting easy in Qt? Have you done it in Boson? Would
you recommend PyQt? Or write the whole app in PyQt? As this is one of the
main considerations for a new architecture, I'd be interested in this part
specifically.

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@zeitlinger.de