List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] QCanvasSprite + QObject
From:       Johnny Andersson <johnny () johnnys ! info>
Date:       2001-12-20 21:46:00

On Thursday 20 December 2001 13.28, thomas.friedrichsmeier@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
 wrote:

> I'm not going to tire you with more details than that, but I think you see,
> that using separate timers is the most intuitive approach, if I want to
> keep this functionality (which I do). Of course it could be rewritten to
> your approach, but it'd be rather hard to do - so the question is again:
> How expensive are timers / QObjects? I wouldn't rewrite the code for say 1
> percent more performance, but for 50%, I guess I would.

I don't think you use that many sprites in your game that you need to bother
with that...? Isn't there just the ship + a few walking men on screen?

Then again, you might as well be prepared if you want to add a lot of new
things to the game.

I think Taxi-pilot has a great feeling. With better graphics and more stages
(someone's bound to make them, sooner or later ;)) it'll be a great game.

We need a "Thrust"-clone, too...  ;) I wonder how well QCanvas works with
scrolling games!