List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] QCanvas sprites
From:       Johnny Andersson <johnny () johnnys ! info>
Date:       2001-11-27 0:09:41

I'm using a lot of sprites and I'd like them all to share a pool of frames.
What I'd like to know is, does my approach waste cpu or memory? Here's what
I'm planning to do:

I have a static QCanvasPixmapArray with a lot of frames. I set all my sprites
to use that array, which means all sprites have "access" to all frames. Not
all sprites _need_ to be able to use all the images in the QCPA, but if
there's no performance penalty, it'd make my program simpler.