List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] QCanvasText: Is it only me... ?
From:       thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de
Date:       2001-10-05 10:34:48

This may be a strange thing to ask, but has anybody else recently
(or for all I care, ever before) been experiencing problems with
QCanasText-Objects moving sluggishly, sometimes slowing down
the app so much, that even the GUI is hardly responding?

It's just that I can't quite explain this to me. The only relevant
changes I had done to my game (http://taxipilot.sourceforge.net)
were to add one new Sprite and to upgrade my system to KDE
2.2.1 / Qt 2.3.1, Kernel 2.4.10. Then I suddeny started
experiencing the above problems. They are totally non-
reproducable, too, but they keep coming up sometimes. I can't
quite believe it's all just about processing-power, since so far the
game never drew much CPU, and I've never heard of any problems,
while I'm sure that at least some people will have a slower
processor / less RAM than me.

So basically I'm wondering, whether it's just my crooked system,
some very very weird thing in the game, or whether somebody else
has seen this, too. Also, I wonder whether there would be a way to
reduce resource- consumption for QCanvasText-Objects.

Thanks,
Thomas