List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Harmony classes to implement
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       2000-04-08 19:22:28

	Back in February, Dmitri Koulakov produced a list of Qt-2.1.0
classes not yet implemented in Harmony.  I think it might
be useful for me to post it here, in case anyone is curious.
There are 121 unimplemented classes in all.  The list is
divided roughly in the order which I think would produce useful
results most quickly: the classes need to build kdelibs, then
KDE base, then koffice, then the rest.

	More than a year ago, 414 people "signed" a petition to
Troll Technologies asking them to release Qt under GPL compatible
copying conditions.  Just think: if a third of those people would
implement just one class, that would take care of them all.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."

Report A (53+20 classes)

Qt 2.1.0 classes not implemented in Harmony that are needed by KDE libs (1.89)
QAsciiDict
QCDEStyle
QChar
QCommonStyle
QConstString
QCString
QDragEnterEvent
QDragLeaveEvent
QDragMoveEvent
QDragObject
QDropEvent
QFontDatabase
QGLayoutIterator
QGuardedPtr
QHeader
QHideEvent
QIconDrag
QIconDragItem
QIconSet
QIconView
QIconViewItem
QImageDecoder
QIntCache
QIntCacheIterator
QIODeviceSource
QLayoutItem
QLayoutIterator
QListView
QListViewItem
QListViewItemIterator
QMainWindow
QMap
QMimeSource
QMimeSourceFactory
QMotifStyle
QScrollView
QSessionManager
QShowEvent
QSizePolicy
QSpinBox
QSplitter
QStoredDrag
QStringList
QTabWidget
QTextBrowser
QTextCodec
QTextDrag
QTextIStream
QTextOStream
QTextView
QToolBar
QToolButton
QTranslator

+Inderect dependencies:
Qt 2.1.0 classes that are not implemented in Harmony and not used
directly by KDE libs but are needed to implement classes above
(see "inderect-dis-harmony-klibs.txt")
QAsciiDictIterator
QCharRef
QCheckListItem
QColorDrag
QDataPump
QGCache
QGCacheIterator
QGDict
QGDictIterator
QImageConsumer
QImageDrag
QImageFormat
QImageFormatType
QMapConstIterator
QMapIterator
QSpacerItem
QStatusBar
QStyleSheet
QTextDecoder
QTextEncoder

Report B (2 classes)

Qt 2.1.0 classes not implemented in Harmony that are used by KDE base (1.89)
and are not needed by KDE libs (Report A)
QDropSite
QHButtonGroup

Report C (3 classes)

Qt 2.1.0 classes not implemented in Harmony that are needed by KOffice (1.89)
but are not in A or B.
QColorDialog
QFontDialog
QSimpleRichText

Report D (44 classes)

Qt 2.1.0 classes not implemented in Harmony that are not needed by KDE (1.89).
QAsciiCache
QAsciiCacheIterator
QCache
QCacheIterator
QCanvas
QCanvasEllipse
QCanvasItem
QCanvasLine
QCanvasPixmap
QCanvasPixmapArray
QCanvasPolygon
QCanvasPolygonalItem
QCanvasRectangle
QCanvasSprite
QCanvasText
QCanvasView
QConnection
QCustomMenuItem
QFileIconProvider
QFocusData
QGArray
QGLContext
QGLFormat
QGList
QGListIterator
QGLWidget
QGVector
QHGroupBox
QInputDialog
QLNode
QLocalFs
QMetaProperty
QNetworkOperation
QNetworkProtocol
QNPInstance
QNPlugin
QNPStream
QNPWidget
QPNGImagePacker
QSignalMapper
QSizeGrip
QSortedList
QSound
QStyleSheetItem

Comments
---------
It was Qt 2.1.0 snapshot (23-02-2000) Harmony (15-02-2000) and
KDE2 (Krash) 1.89 developers preview.
KDE "suport" doesn't add classes in comparison with "libs".