List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Correction: 1999.09.02 Harmony snapshot will run all Qt tutorial examples.  Well, sort of..
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       1999-09-07 8:24:56

I wrote:
>        This version allows all of the Qt tutorial examples to
>compile, link and mostly run (examples 13 and 14 get a segmentation
>fault when you quit [...]

	It turns out that this was due somehow to my own incomplete
upgrade of the system I was doing the build on from glibc-2.1 to
glibc-2.1.1.  Upgrading fully to glibc-2.1.1 and rebuilding everything
made these problems go away.  All of the examples now compile and run,
although there are a number of Harmony bugs that these examples expose:

		1. The pixmap deallocation bug that I mentioned earlier,
		   which I have kludged around for now.
		2. Text is being drawn a few pixels too high.
		3. The smaller LCD displays showing the number of shots and
		   number of misses in examples 13 and 14 is not updated
		   unless the window is hidden and reexposed.  I have a
		   kludge that makes this problem go away, but I have not
		   yet figured out the real problem.  I believe the problem
		   has to do with some confusing between coordinates
		   relative to the origin of the widget and relative to
		   the origin of the application's top level window.
		4. The text labels these same displays LCD displays is
		   sometimes not drawn.  This may be the same problem as
		   #3.

	Anyhow, you should be able to build and run all of the Qt tutorial
examples with the 1999.09.02 snapshot.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."