There is a new harmony snapshot available from ftp://ftp.yggdrasil.com/pub/dist/GUI/harmony/devel/snapshots/harmony-1999.09.01.tar.gz. It has the following changes: o Harmony now compiles with the 1999.08.24 snapshot of egcs/gcc. This may be important because egcs-1.1.2 would print rather disconcerting apparently incorrect warnings that "statement has no effect" when pixmaps were being copied in some of the painting related code (qpainter.h, I think), and this would suggest serious misconceptions going on inside of the compiler. gcc 2.95 and 2.95.1 get internal compiler errors from one of the header files (qwidget.h, I think). As it stands, this latest egcs/gcc snapshot also fails to build if it is given both "-O" and "-g" compiler options, but Mark Mitchell emailed me to tell me that he has a handle on this problem and expects to check the fix into the egcs/gcc development tree in the next few days. o Bug fixes: One of the pixmap constructor functions attempted to call another one as a subroutine to do some of the initialization when, in fact, it was just creating and destroying a whole new pixmap. I have fixed this, although in a rather duplicative way, which ought to get cleaned up at some point. Elsewhere, a test for a subroutine variable being null was inverted, causing segmentation faults. That is fixed now. o There is an initial implementation of setTimer, killTimer and killTimers in qobject.{h,cc} now, although it only has one second resolution. This snapshot includes Harry Morgan's work on moving toward Qt-2.x support and the Platinum theme, although I believe that was in the previous snapshot. I have a request for people checking code into Harmony: for the time being, please put your name or email address in your cvs commit comments. Somehow, the commits are all being recorded as being done by "anoncvs", and I have not figured out if I can easily tweak the commit logging to record the cvs user name instead of the system user name. I have been slowly working through the examples in the Qt tutorial, as some initial test cases on which to develop Harmony. Harmony now can run up to example 9 with no code modifications (other than adjusting the build process to use magna). Example 10 runs with a one line modification to flush the queue on a QPainter object to work around a Harmony bug where the reference counting on pixmaps is somehow broken and a pixmap is being deallocated before a write from it is performed. Examples 11 and 12 compile and link (now that the timer functions are implemented), but have a bug which I think is the same as was worked around in example 10. Any assistance with this bug would be greatly appreciated. Example 13 needs a very simple method missing from QLCDNumber (intValue(void)) to link. The final example, number 14, needs a missing include file (perhaps a missing class): qaccel.h. Once the tutorial examples all work, then I think the next step would be to start trying to make some of the simpler Qt applications compile. Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104 adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034 +1 408 261-6630 | g g d r a s i l United States of America fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us." Adam J. Richter __ ______________ 4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104 adam@yggdrasil.com \ / San Jose, California 95129-1034 +1 408 261-6630 | g g d r a s i l United States of America fax +1 408 261-6631 "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."