List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] GPL vs LGPL
From:       Carl Thompson <cet () elinux ! net>
Date:       1999-04-03 23:22:24

John Allen wrote:

> I'd be more interested in starting a genuine cross platform toolkit,
> covering X, Windows, Mac, and OS/2. This toolkit would have to be layered
> directly on the platforms native API's, not just a wrapper to some other
> toolkit.
>
> If anybody here is actually interested in that, please let me know.

Sounds a lot like FLTK!  We already have Unix, Windows and OS/2 ports, but
if you are really interested in doing something like this, you could write
the Mac port.  (Also, the OS/2 port needs X so an OS/2 Program Manager port
would be useful.)  FLTK wraps around the low level drawing routines and
builds its own widgets, so FLTK programs truly look identical on every
platform.

If you'd be interested, send me an email and see the FLTK web site at
http://www.fltk.org .

Carl Thompson